Fun Recipes using Hotdogs

Tired of giving your kids a plain hotdog?!?

*TRY THESE*

SnailDog

My creative take on Pigs in a Blanket. You will need a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and Hotdogs. Preheat the oven as directed on the package. Separate the rolls and wrap a triangle once around the hotdog (start with the large end) and pile the rest of the dough on top to make the shell. Makes up to 8 SnailDog. Place snails in oven and bake as directed on the package.  Let them cool a bit.  Take a raisin and use your thumbs to tear it open to expose the sticky inside. Break a pretzel stick in half. Stick an end of the pretzel stick inside a raisin and poke it into the hotdog for the eye.  Repeat. Drizzle some honey on a plate for the “slime” and place SnailDog on top.

(Hotdogs and honey are YUMMY!!!)

Hotdoctopus

Cut a hotdog lengthwise into eight parts (legs) leaving an inch or so for the head.  Put him in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds just to warm him up. Break apart 1 graham cracker and use peanut butter to “glue” the four pieces together (as shown).  Fill the “Treasure Chest” with anything you want.  I used miniature marshmallows and raisins.  Drape Mr. Hotdoctopus over the Treasure Chest. Cut a raisin in half and use the sticky side to adhere it to the hotdog for eyes.

{ My kids have named him Sqwuidward }

• At 2008.09.13 16:36, Cristine said:

I never get tired of the hotdogopus…. but you’ve absolutely made my day with the slimy snails…. my question is this: who decided hotdogs and honey were good together???????

• At 2008.09.13 17:11, littlenummies said:

My family always eats corndogs with honey…I have no idea when and why we started doing that. So, it was a no brainer to use honey as the slime. We are just a little strange I guess!!! :)

You should try the snails…with the slimy honey!!! Let me know what you think!!

• At 2008.09.16 21:40, Z&Gmom said:

This is an amazing website! I think your ideas are bright, creative and most important, super easy! I used your idea for the cut out peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a gingerbread man cookie cutter and then put the veggies in the “hole” and my boys response was. . “Wow Mom! What is the occasion?” (7yr old) “Wicked Awesome!” (4 yr old) I have done this now with several cookie cutters on seperate occasions and they are left amazed and have fun eating it too. I am very impressed with the egg in the toast. I am definetely going to try that one tomorrow morning! I will keep you posted on what their reactions are! The hotdogtopus is great. I have yet to try it, my boys will love it though! Thanks for all the great tips!!

Have you thought about doing a kids cookbook?

• At 2008.10.01 18:03, Heather said:

Did you see the nice comments on the Crafty Crow? Awesome, someone asked for a book! :)

• At 2009.04.29 10:48, Katherine Marie said:

ohhhhhhh the snail is just delightful. The trail makes me laugh… THANK you for these awesome ideas!

• At 2009.04.29 10:49, Katherine Marie said:

And I agree with Z&G PUBLISH a cookbook. I’d buy it in a heartbeat!

• At 2009.04.29 11:59, Kellie said:

THANKS!!! I am def thinking about it. Still don’t know if it would sell!! :) Maybe I should take a poll on the site!!!