The Fennec (also known as “Fennec Fox”) is an adorable little fox with really big ears that lives in the Sahara desert.
~ Cheese ~ Raisins ~ Heart-shaped Cookie Cutter ~
CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO
Make this simple Fennec snack, and learn about this adorable little creature!
To make: cut two hearts out of cheese. Place one heart for the head. Cut second heart in half and turn halves upside down with straight side out for ears. Use raisins for facial features.
About the Fennec:
- The soles of the Fennec’s feet are completely covered with long hair to enable it to walk on sand.
- It lives in the desert and can go for a long time without drinking.
- Its big ears circulate blood and help the Fennec cool off.
- It’s nocturnal, which means it sleeps during the day, and is awake at night.
- They are not endangered, but are considered rare.
- Fennecs are the only kind of fox kept as pets.
Other Fennec Resources:
- I created a Fennec Fox coloring page for you to print: fennecfox
- A good kid-level Fennec Info Page from the America Zoo.
- More info from Enchanted Learning.
- Fennecs are sometimes kept as pets. Here’s a long FAQ about keeping them.
~ Bon Ap[petite] ~