A Mongoose is a weasel-like carnivore famous for its ability to defeat deadly cobra snakes!
~ Bread ~ Sugar ~ Cinnamon ~ Raisins ~
CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO
MONGOOSE CINNAMON TOAST NUMMIE
1. Using round part of piece of bread for ears, trim bread to make a rounder shape. Spread with a bit of butter, if desired.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture (make sure it is cinnamon-y enough to be medium brown) lightly over bread.
3. Cut a circle out of a piece of paper or paper towel, then cut in half. Place semi-circles on cheeks of mongoose. Place a spoon between ears.
4. Sprinkle white sugar over, lightly. Place raisins for eyes and mouth. (I used a craisin for the nose.)
5. Place in toaster oven on broil, or under broiler in your oven for 2-5 minutes, or until sugar is crystallized. Be sure to watch it to avoid burning!
About the Mongoose:
- There are more than 30 species of Mongoose.
- Mongoose are famous for being able to defeat deadly king cobra snakes, but they don’t like to eat them.
- Because they are aggressive hunters, they are not allowed to be imported into the United States, although they were introduced to Hawaii in the 1800s.
More Mongoose Resources:
- America Zoo info page: Yellow Mongoose
- Mongoose printout from Enchanted Learning
- Mongoose coloring page
- Mongoose attacking a cobra video from Encyclopedia Brittanica