This armored animal is the cousin of an anteater.
~ Tortilla ~ Peanut Butter ~ Frosted Flakes Cereal ~ Raisin ~
CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO
I have been learning so much on our alphabetical journey through unusual animals. I have never heard of a pangolin before this. Isn’t he cool? His armor is so neat!
Cut a pangolin shape out of a tortilla with scissors. Spread the tortilla with peanut butter (not too thin or the spikes won’t stick!) and add a raisin eye. Stick the frosted flakes (or other flaky cereal) into the peanut butter starting from the tail and moving up the animal, overlapping on each row.
- Pangolins roll up into a ball when attacked.
- “Pangolin” is a Malaysian word for “rolling up into a ball.”
- The scales are made of keratin, the same material your fingernails are made of!
- They can spray a stinky smell, kind of like a skunk.
- They don’t have teeth, but use their claws to tear up their prey (ants or termites) and eat them with a long tongue.
Baby pangolins’ scales are still soft when they are born.
- America Zoo Pangolin Page
- SavePangolins.org Fun Stuff Page
- Pangolin Coloring Page
- Pangolin Printout Page