Kids Easter Lunch: Bunny Sandwich

Easter is almost here!!

Boil some eggs and pull out the bread.  It’s time to whip up a fun and simple Easter lunch for your kids!!

EASTER BUNNY

~ Toast ~ Celery ~ Boiled Egg ~ Beet ~ Olive ~ Cheese ~

~~~

To make Bunny Sandwich:
Cut the bunny’s face out of a piece of toast. I used a boiled egg that was dyed in beet juice, and cut it in half for the ears and half of the yolk for the nose.  Celery pieces for the whiskers and an olive cut in half for the eyes.  For the mouth, I used half of a beet and string cheese for the teeth.

As my 2 yr old used to say when asked what a bunny does:

“BOP BOP BOP”

• At 2009.04.02 02:01, Easter Bunny said:

This one is cute and its so easy to make. Good work.

• At 2009.04.02 06:14, Kellie said:

Thanks!! One of the main goals for Little Nummies, is to create something that anyone can make with basic ingredients and minimal time to make it!! Thanks for the comment!!

• At 2009.04.05 16:36, Kelly said:

Darling! And healthy too! Thanks for the great Easter lunch idea. My kids will love it this week (though I may have to substitute green beans for the celery since I don’t have celery).

• At 2009.04.05 18:21, Kellie said:

Thanks for the comment!! Substituting is great!! I am glad that you are still going to try it with other ingredients!! Yay!! Take a pic and send it to me!!!

• At 2009.04.29 06:54, YOUR NUMMIES | Little Nummies said:

[…] EASTER BUNNY CLICK HERE FOR THE NUMMIE VERSION […]

• At 2010.03.12 15:39, Claudia Ramirez said:

This is lovely!! Thank you for the idea! I’m the room mom for my girl’s preschool, and we’ll do this as a snack for the Easter party. I’m sure they will love it!! We’ll substitute the beet for bologna.

Question: how did you take the yolk out of the boiled egg without distroying it for the nose?

• At 2010.03.12 16:31, Kellie said:

Thanks Claudia!! Bologna is a great idea!! Goodness, I think the yolk just fell out on it’s own. Not sure of any trick though. Sorry. Please email me pics when your class makes the bunnies!! I would LOVE to see them!!! littlenummies@gmail.com