Kids St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast: Shamrock Pancake

Everything seems to be green or going green lately.
I wanted to participate so I turned our pancakes green!!

Fun St. Patrick’s Day breakfast your kids will adore!!

SHAMROCK PANCAKE

I just LOVE how easy this is!!!

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO

To make the shamrock pancake, start with your everyday pancake batter.  Add green food coloring until desired color. Pour desired amount of batter into hot skillet.
Here at my house, we make pan size pancakes!
{Basically, I’m too lazy to stand at the stove and flip a bunch of little ones!!}

Case in point:

It just makes sense to me to make 1 big one instead of 4 little ones!!

On with instructions:  Use any small heart shaped cookie cutter you have and cut out 4 hearts and then cut a strip off the edge for the stem, as shown:

{ Look at all the leftover goodness for you to eat!! }

Assemble pieces into the shape of a shamrock and enjoy!!

You can put syrup in a side dish and let the kidos dip the shapes!!

Click HERE for other St. Patrick’s Day Nummies.

~~~

• At 2010.03.09 08:21, Multi-Tasking Mommy said:

Pancakes are a staple around here. I make them and freeze them for fast and easy (healthy too) lunches, breakfasts and dinners too!
    LOVE your heart shamrocks, will definitely be borrowing that idea, thanks!
    I made pink heart pancakes for Vday this year!

• At 2010.03.09 08:24, Multi-Tasking Mommy said:

P.S. I wish I could comment on your cute treats over at your other site! It only let’s me submit ideas.

• At 2010.03.09 08:34, Kellie said:

awe. thanks!! i’m not allowed to post my Kellogg creations here on my site, so comments over at snackpicks would be fun!! i make a lot of pancakes at a time and freeze them too!!! your pink heart pancakes are super fun!!

• At 2010.03.09 08:57, Heather - Dollar Store Crafts said:

I like to make little pancakes just because I like to use them for “bread” for pancake/egg sandwiches later. Are you allowed to link to your Kellogg creations?

• At 2010.03.09 09:03, Kellie said:

well, that would be a good reason to make little ones!!! yes, i linked to my creations in the snackpick posts…the 2 posts prior to this one.

• At 2010.03.09 09:09, Madolyn Moore said:

LOVE it! Never would have thought of it myself! Thanks!

• At 2010.03.10 14:30, Rachel said:

Aww, that is sooo cute! Thanks so much, I’ll be linking.

• At 2010.03.15 06:30, Miss Crafty Fingers said:

the shamrock pancakes look delicious & pretty!

• At 2010.03.15 11:04, Kellie said:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! They make my day so much brighter!!!!