Kids Breakfast: Oscar the Oyster Pancake

Let your kids sink your teeth into this adorable breakfast!!

OSCAR THE OYSTER
~ Banana Pankcakes ~ Banana ~ Chocolate Chips ~

I don’t know why he resembles Cookie Monster…strange.

NOM. NOM. NOM. NOM.

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO:

TO MAKE OSCAR THE OYSTER:

Use whichever pancake recipe you usually use.
Mash a banana and mix into batter.
Make small banana pancakes.
Place a small banana pancake onto plate.
Create the banana pearl by using a melon baller.
Place banana pearl in middle of bottom pancake.
Place another banana pancake on top of banana pearl.
Slice a chunk of banana and then cut in half for eyes.
Place on top of banana pancake.
Use chocolate chips for his eyes.
Drizzle syrup on plate surrounding the clam for the water.

{I put syrup on the plate for “water” but it made the pic really dark.}

It’s just downright clamtastic!!!

• At 2010.06.21 03:54, Leukelunch said:

I couldn’t eat it…..it’s too CUTE!

• At 2010.06.21 10:47, Kellie said:

oh, I’m sure you could manage once you got over his intense cuteness!!! I just can’t get over how much he looks like cookie monster. Totally not intentional and didn’t even realize it until after I took pictures!!!

• At 2010.06.21 14:00, Kristen said:

Adorable! I think I’ll have to make this tomorrow. I always appreciate how you manage food with such kid appeal from common ingredients we always have on hand =)

• At 2010.06.21 19:22, Kellie said:

Oh Kristen, you just made my whole day!!! Making simple kid food using common ingredients is my absolute goal and I’m SUPER glad that you get that from my site!!! So, YAY!! Please take a pic if you decide to make Clyde!! I would LOVE to see it!! Thanks for the sweet comment!!

• At 2010.06.24 11:11, Kristen said:

I finally got around to posting my version! It didn’t come out nearly as oyster looking as yours did, but still was cute =)

• At 2010.06.24 11:22, Kellie said:

Thanks Kristin for sharing and posting!!! I LOVE YOUR OSCAR!!! You did such a fantastic job!!!

• At 2010.06.29 08:01, Jessica said:

Very cute!lol My little guy would love this. He is a banana maniac! Loves pancakes too.

• At 2010.06.29 14:29, A Little Yumminess said:

This is so awesome….fun..fun..fun..would love it if you’d consider doing a guest post on our blog for moms and dads…