Summer Kids Snack: Sandy Picnic

One of the downsides of the beach is all the sand.
It gets e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.

This simple fruit on a stick snack is no exception.

SANDY PICNIC

~ Fruit ~ Skewers ~ Graham Crackers ~

Ooooops…the fruit we packed fell over into the sand.
You won’t want to brush this sand off…it’s too yummy!!!

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO

TO MAKE SANDY PICNIC
Cut fruit of choice into pieces.
Open a pack of graham crackers {9 crackers} and put in a zip lock bag.
Use a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers and make the sand.
Stick styrofoam in the bottom of a small pail.
Dip each fruit skewer into the “sand” and stick into the styrofoam.
Place black rocks or something around the skewers when finished.
Dump remaining graham cracker crumbs on plate and arrange.

THIS SNACK IS SUPER DELISH!!!!

My girls ate this in a hot second!!
They didn’t even save me any!!!
{Good thing I snuck a bite or two while making it!!}

• At 2010.06.15 11:33, summer said:

i like it!!!! I can’t tell you how many times growing up on the beach you got a mouth full of grit while trying to eat something on the beach…..I am sure this is way more tastier

• At 2010.06.15 12:25, Kellie said:

Yes…it really is one of the worst things about the beach!! I must say that the fruit with the graham cracker crumbs is pretty tasty!!! you will have to try it!!! The kids will love it too!!! Thanks for the comment!!

• At 2010.06.15 12:02, Heather - Dollar Store Crafts said:

How cute is that? And my kids pretty much love anything on a skewer.

• At 2010.06.15 12:26, Kellie said:

Yes, what is it with kids and food on a stick?!? Can’t blame them though…I too love it!!! Thanks for commenting Heather!!

• At 2010.06.15 15:36, CTallmage said:

This is a great idea for a summer party. I may actually use this for Julianna’s first b-day pool party!! You are so creative!!

• At 2010.06.15 16:32, Kellie said:

Thanks Chanelle!! You are too sweet!! If you decide to make it for her party…hard to believe she is almost 1…please take pics!! I would LOVE to see them!!!

• At 2010.06.16 02:46, Leukelunch said:

That must be one of the best snacks I’ve ever seen! Such a great idea!

• At 2010.06.16 05:48, Kellie said:

thanks Leukelunch!!!

• At 2010.06.24 07:27, Prostate Gland Problems said:

found your site on del.icio.us today and really liked it.. i bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later

• At 2010.07.08 07:46, Mayo said:

Hi Kellie,

This snack looks great! You can’t blame your girls for eating it all so quickly! But cooking together presents a great opportunity to teach your kids about portions and when to save some for later. Getting kids involved in the kitchen also teaches them important skills, like teamwork and following instructions. I work for The Kids Cook Monday, a new program started by the Healthy Monday campaigns that encourages families to eat and cook meals together. Research has shown that kids who eat family meals get better grades, develop communication skills, and are less likely to be obese. To learn more about the benefits of cooking and eating together, check out our website at http://www.healthymonday.org/the-kids-cook-monday/

We’re looking for people to get involved with our new program by cooking meals together each Monday and sharing their experiences. If you’re interested in participating, please email me at TheKidsCookMonday@gmail.com. Thanks!

Mayo