Kids Crafty Snack: Construction Cones

::CAUTION::
Road work ahead!!

Cheez Its and candy corn make this simple and fun crafty snack for your kids!!

I guess September is officially for the BOYS!!

CONSTRUCTION CONES

~ Cheese Crackers ~ Candy Corn ~ Peanut Butter ~

I used the Scrabble Junior Cheez-Its.
Which are SO FUN!!

SEE:

So much fun to be had!!

Hide a message in there and have the kids unscramble the letters.
The possibilities are endless!!

This is a perfect finger food for birthday parties too!!

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO
To make Construction Cones:

Take a candy corn and put a dab of peanut butter on the bottom.
Glue the candy corn in the middle of a cheese cracker.
Repeat until desired amount.

Sport your hard hats and get your little party on!!

• At 2010.09.13 14:49, Sheila Irish said:

These are so cute! Another clever idea….

• At 2010.09.13 15:54, Kellie said:

Thanks Sheila!!

• At 2010.09.13 15:18, Sarah Lou said:

These are cute – but not ones ill be trying. no candy corn over here, which after my boys and i tried some a few years back – we are very glad for!! LOL. very very cute though!!! I ownder if i could use something else for teh cc

• At 2010.09.13 15:57, Kellie said:

I was wondering how many countries had access to candy corn!! Initially, I was going to make these using Bugles: http://bit.ly/d5RRQF Do you have anything over there similar to them?? Please let me know..I’ll keep thinking for alternatives!!! Thanks Sarah Lou!!

• At 2010.09.13 21:16, Sarah Lou said:

never heard of them, maybe carrots and creme cheese or something.

• At 2010.09.14 04:23, Kellie said:

Yes, that would work. Maybe an almond? It’s kinda the same shape. A broken Cheeto? Orange gummi candy cut into triangles? Cheese {like a chunk of cheese, not sliced}? I’ll keep thinking.

• At 2010.09.13 18:13, Rachel said:

Oh my gosh those are so cute! Perfect for construction themed parties! Thanks so much, I’ll be linking. Oh and for those who don’t have candy corn, how about a Bugle? I *think* they are cone shaped crackers that I remember from childhood. I could have dreamed them up though. =)

• At 2010.09.14 04:16, Kellie said:

Thanks Rachel!! I was going to make these using bugles to begin with, but I couldn’t find them anywhere…and by that I mean, in the 3 stores I went too. 🙂 When I saw the candy corn, I was like, that’s PERFECT!! Alternative ideas are good though…guess I should think of some!!

• At 2010.09.13 18:57, Lorie said:

HOw cute! I am working on a post about some fun Construction themed parties for little boys! I will be adding this to my post!

• At 2010.09.14 04:17, Kellie said:

I actually had parties in mind when I made them…so, YAY!!! Thanks Lorie!!

• At 2010.09.14 05:14, Cara said:

Well you are just full of cute ideas for boys, aren’t you?! These would have been great for my son’s construction themed birthday party last year.

I made the dump truck snack for my 3 year old last week, and he thought it was the neatest thing EVER. Expect a shoutout on my blog sometime soon!

• At 2010.09.14 10:55, Kellie said:

Well, aren’t you sweet!! 🙂 You made the dump truck?? Awesome!! Did you happen to take a pic of it?? I would LOVE to see it!! A shoutout would be amazingly wonderful!!! Thanks Cara!!

• At 2010.09.14 09:55, Jill said:

Peanut allergies in the friend pool so I am going to try these using vanilla frosting as my glue- sugar it up some more! So cute!

• At 2010.09.14 10:56, Kellie said:

Thanks Jill!! Vanilla frosting would be a delightful alternative to peanut butter!! The candy corn are so light, it didn’t take much to make them stand up. I would LOVE to see pics of your version…if you want to email them to me!!

• At 2010.09.14 11:33, Susie & Jackson said:

Jackson wants to know why you used crackers with letters on them!

• At 2010.09.14 11:59, Kellie said:

well, tell Jackson it’s just way more fun that way!!! 🙂

• At 2010.10.01 04:40, summer said:

I totally didn’t see these before….very cute…..love it