For the love of all things pumpkin flavored!!! I’m not going to lie, we are already on our second bag of Dunkin Donuts, Pumpkin Spice coffee, and we are only into our second week of Sept!! My sister did the happy dance in Target, the other night, because they are now selling Pumpkin Spice Creamer. I ran, not literally, to the Target, in our town today, and they still don’t have it. It took everything in me not to do the 2yo pout and shout!! But I maintained composure and came straight home and whipped up a batch of Pumpkin Spice Syrup!! So very YUM!! It’s perfect for pancakes, waffles, or french toast. Yes, that’s right, you can make your very own fall deliciousness at home!!
This recipe was kid/hubby tested and approved!!
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 3 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 c. water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until it thickens a bit and turns syrupy. Stir often so sugar won't burn. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before you put it into air tight containers.
- There's plenty, so share a small jar with a friend!!
- I used brown sugar, because I love the molasses flavor, but it does make the syrup brown instead of orange. You could use granulated sugar or sugar substitute like stevia, in it's place and it will look more orange.
- Also, I adore cloves, so most recipes will call for much less that I use. Just add the amount that will please your palette!!
- Smaller Batch: 2-3 Tbsp of pumpkin per 1-ish cup of water. 1/2 cup of sugar. Add spices to taste.
You can use this syrup for Pumkin Spice Lattes, but I haven’t perfected that recipe yet.
I will definitely share it when I do!!!
Happy Fall Y’all!!!
(I’m a Cali girl in the Carolinas, I can use y’all if I want!!)