If you are a fan of comfort food in the form of sweet and salty, look no further! I grew up eating this fantastic meal and whilst my hubby was skeptical at first, it is now one of his favorites!! You may like sweet potatoes, sausage, and apples…but how about all together?? Well, this meal is super simple, and perfect for fall. Not only does it have the same colors as fall, with the cinnamon, it smells like fall!! I’m actually using a new ceylon cinnamon, from Flavor of the Earth, and it is making all of my recipes burst with flavor, plus it also has a lot of health benefits!!
Sausage Sweet Potato Bake
This hearty meal can stand alone, or it can be paired with salad or a hot veggie.
- 1lb kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 3-4 medium raw sweet potatoes (3lb)
- 3 medium apples, sliced (peeled optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves (optional)
- 1/2 tsp all spice (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven 375°. In a large casserole dish, layer sweet potatoes, apples, and sausage, with sausage on top. Combine remaining ingredients in separate container and pour over sausage. Cover and bake for 60-90 min, or until potatoes and apples are tender.
- Oh my yum!!!